- What do you mean by ‘Digital’ in Digital Wallpapers ? ( My hobby is Making Digital Wallpapers)
- What is the difference between Governance, Management and Administration ? (One of my optional is Public Administration)
- If you are posted as an administrator in any of the districts of Uttar Pradesh, what would be the biggest challenge you’ll face ?
- What happens when bureaucrats succumb to the political pressure ?
- What do you know about Kalinga war which Ashoka fought ?
- What are the problems of Indian Football ?
- What do you mean by Inclusive Growth ?
- What is meant by Financial Inclusion ?
- Out of the Formal and Informal Sector , which one predominates in the Indian Economy ?
- What are the women specific problems in the informal sector ?
- What are your expectations about the forthcoming Commonwealth Games ?
- When are the Commonwealth Games scheduled from ?
- Name the events you are optimistic about in the CWG ?
- What are the problems of Sports in
- Name few politicians heading the sports federations.
- Who's the head of Archery Federation ?
- What do you know about Limba ? ( related to Archery)
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Third Interview - 27th March 2010 - Purushottam Aggarwal's Board
My Score : 196/300
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Here are few of the Leadership quotes i like the most..Read on,,
- "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Picasso
- "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
- "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well." - Martin Luther King Jr.
I am actually getting very excited about the forthcoming Commonwealth Games. We really require great Leadership qualities amongst our administrators who are , no doubt, toiling hard to make this event a great success.The Leadership quotes above may prove to be a guiding and motivating force for them.
Although the preparations are on track but i feel there is one major area of concern which the authorities needs to look into. Its the development of the infrastructure in the region surrounding Delhi. I read it somewhere that Delhi will also be offering all athletes a free trip to the famed Taj Mahal and will provide a reserved lane for participants on selected highways. This shows that the tourists visiting Delhi will not confine themselves to the Capital only. They will be visiting the nearby areas viz. Agra, Mathura, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Varanasi etc. Now, in that case, are we focusing on the development of infrastructure of these regions or is our entire focus confined to Delhi ???
I had put up this question to the Head of the Commonwealth Organising Committee, who was one of the panelists in the PUBLIC SPEAK programme of All India Radio. But, to my utter surprise, i did not find his answer very convincing.
I strongly feel that this grand event is one of the biggest opportunity for India to showcase itself to the world. This showcasing will succeed only with Good Leadership. We want leaders who will go an extra mile to finish the construction of stadiums on time. We want leaders who do not fight for the credit for a job well done. We want leaders who are innovative to provide solutions for online ticketing for common man. We want leaders who would turn the ordinary into extraordinary to make the Commonwealth experience for the foreign tourists the most memorable one, the one which makes them say back home, " Hey, I had fun in India !! The Games were awesome !!"
I am confident that we are very much capable of putting up a great show...which will make all of us proud of being an INDIAN !!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
This story about Pablo Picasso (the famous Painter) will instil a high dose of motivation in your days...
So, Read on...
One day a woman spotted him in the market and pulled out a piece of paper. "Mr. Picasso", she said excitedly, "I'm a big fan. Please, could you do a little drawing for me ?" Picasso happily complied and quickly etched out a piece of art for her on the paper provided. He smiled as he handed it back to her, and said, "That will be a million dollars". "But Mr. Picasso", the flustered woman replied, "it only took you 30 seconds to do this little masterpiece." "My good woman", Picasso laughed, "it took me 30 years to do that masterpiece in 30 seconds."
The crux of this story is :
Focus + Daily Improvement + Time = Genius
Understand this formula deeply and your life will never be the same.
COURTESY : Robin Sharma
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Ponder over the following :
- Leadership is all about getting good at being uncomfortable. Its all about running towards, not away from , the things that intimidate and frighten you. Leadership is all about trying new things.
- Dedicate yourself to personal mastery. Think about your thinking. Detect your authentic values and what you aim to stand for. Get to know your fears. Reflect on your personal genius and human potential. Learn to let go of the emotional baggage from the past. Refuse to tolerate negativity.
- Businesses that try to be all things to all people end up being nothing to anyone. you need to stand for something. You need to play ferociously. Passionately. Emotionally. To get to world class. Or don't play at all.
- Stop sleeping so much. There will be plenty of time to sleep when you are dead. (Benjamin Franklin)
- It is not possible to discover new oceans unless one is willing to loose sight of the shore. (Lord Chesterfield)
- There can be no success without failure. It's just a part of the process. You need to fail to win. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. (Robert.F.Kennedy)
- Make your life your message. Live your truth. Walk your values. Behave your philosophy. That's how you move those around you to play at their best.
Courtesy : ROBIN SHARMA
Robin never fails to motivate the people. The bullets above are a testimony to the fact that our life is more than it appear to be. We need to take more risks. We need to dare. We need to live the life to the fullest. I just bought one more of his titles - "The Saint The Surfer and The CEO". It appears to be another life changing book !!!
"Lack of Time" is an excuse. One of the most common barriers to weight loss is the belief that you don't have enough time. One...
Dear Friends, I was skeptical before writing this post. But, sooner than later , i decided that the views on this issue of UPSC Medical nee...
I decided to take Public Administration as one of my optional right after my 10+2. Probably, that was the reason that I took Political Scien...
The UPSC Marksheet of all my 4 Attempts :