Over the past few months, i have been reading a lot of Robin Sharma's wisdom. He has had a huge impact over me. You won't believe, i have started sleeping for 6 hours now, instead of 9 !! Seriously, this dude rocks. He will speak such words, which will create a sort of current inside your body. One day at the Lucknow Railway Station, i just happened to buy one of Robin's books - "The Monk who sold his Ferrari". After reading that book, my vision has got more concrete. Since then, i haven't stopped reading. I have already finished reading 4 of his titles. The names of the books you can find on the right hand side of this page.
Now, a brief about ROBIN SHARMA :
He is the globally celebrated author of 10 bestselling books on Leadership and Personal Development. His work has been published in over 50 countries and in nearly 70 languages, making him one of the most widely read authors in the world.Robin is the founder of Sharma Leadership International Inc. , a global consultancy that helps people in organizations Lead Without a Title.
Here are few of his words of wisdom :
- You can curse the darkness, or you can light a candle and show up as a leader. Life is all about how you exercise the choices available to you.
- The way you do the little things says a lot about the way you will do the big things.
- Sometimes discouragement sets in . Happens to all of us. We try hard, stay true to our dreams and pursue our ideals. Yet nothing happens. Or so it seems. But every choice matters. And every step counts. Life runs according to its own agenda , not our's. Be patient. Trust. Be like the stonecutter, steadily chipping away, day after day. Eventually, a single blow will crack the stone and reveal the diamond. An enthusiastic, dedicated person who is ridiculously good at what they do just cannot be denied. Seriously.
- Have the discipline to do whatever it takes to make the idea a reality. Because nothing happens until you move.
- The lust for comfort murders the passion of the soul.
- Remember, the critics have always laughed at the visions of bold thinkers and remarkable visionaries. Ignore them.
- We all want to be appreciated by our peers and revered by the tribe. But leadership is about a lot more than trying to look good in the eyes of others. Its about being BIW (Best in the World) at what you do. Its about leaving people better than you found them. And its about not worrying who gets the credit for a job well done.
Robin may be speaking about very little things in our day to day life, but these are the things which matter the most.
The best idea of Robin which i like the most is that of : Under promising and Over Delivering. I think i need not explain it. This is the underlying principle in people to people skills. Dale Carnegie has also spoken on those lines.
Then, he further illustrates the concept of a Leader Without Title. I find it very striking. A Leader never vies for recognition. A person who speaks out his mind in front of a gathering is a leader. A person who helps a blind man to cross the road is a leader. A person who offers his/her seat to the elderly inside the Delhi metro is a leader. I salute them. Because they are the real champs of our day to day lives. Everyone of us can be a leader , a Leader Without Title.
I just wanted to share these thoughts of mine.
They are special to me.
They talk about my guru : ROBIN SHARMA
If you want to know more about him , please visit Robin Sharma's Website.
Keep checking this column for more of his Wisdom.