- My Civil Services Interview questions -
First Interview - 3rd April 2008 – Purushottam Aggarwal’s Board
- You are from Sociology Deptt of Lucknow University. Name 4-5 Sociologists from your deptt. Who have earned a big name in Sociology.
- Why do parochial identities predominate in Indian society ?
- Tell us about Sociology of Uttar Pradesh.
- Tell us some famous statement of D.P.Mukherjee.
- If I give you Rs. 100 , what proportion of this fund will you spend in maintaining relations with which group of countries ? Don’t give the approximate %, give the exact categorization.
- If regional peace is important for you, then will you be able to reduce the defence expenditure of
do not remove their army from the borders, will you ask your army to come back ? Pakistan
- Why do violence and agitations take place like – strike in universities, factories, offices etc. ?
- The Police always complains that it do not have operational autonomy and for every small thing , SP has to take the permission of DM. Where , in your opinion, should the police power reside – in hands of SP or DM ?
- Should we scrap the sports budget altogether ?
- You are a 100m sprinter. Tell me your 100m timmings. What is the distance of your triple jump and shot put ?
- What is the role of media in promoting sports , esp. cricket ?
- Comment on NREGA. What kind of employment does it provide ?
- Compare between
Indiaand . China
My Score : 80/300
Second Interview – 24th March 2009 – K.Roy Paul’s Board
- How much do your friends from other religion know about your religion ?
- Sikh population in
- Reason behind Babri Masjid Demolition.
- Why Ayodhaya is considered as the sacred place for Hindus ?
- Agriculture , Rivers and mineral resources in UP.
- Give a specialist answer – What do you mean by INDIAN SOCIETY ?
- Name few Indian Sociologists.
- What do you know about M.N.Srinivas and his contributons ?
- What are the social indicators you can derive from Census ?
- Have you travelled to other parts of
Indiaapart from Delhiand ? Lucknow
- Name the cities in
whose names have been changed . India
- What do you know about Gandhara art ?
- Tell us something about Chola Dynasty.
- What would be the first thing that you would do after becoming an administrator ? Give your spontaneous answer.
- Do you have the habit of reading ? What kind of books do you read ?
- Towards the end, the Chairman asked, since when and where have you been residing in
My score : 114/300